In this day and age it seems like almost everyone has high blood pressure. It is not enough to just eat right and exercise daily. You need to add certain foods to your diet that will naturally bring your blood pressure down. Here is a list of top ten foods you should immediately add to your diet to help get your blood pressure in a more healthy range.
1. Olive leaf: The Greeks were right by eating their daily dose of olive oil.
2. Celtic Sea-Salt: I know some of you are shaking your heads... saying what??? I will say it again... Celtic Sea-Salt may help lower your blood pressure. This salt is not processed and is hand mined on the coastal areas of France. Contains 82 healthy trace minerals. This salt is not table salt. Many books have been written about how healthy Celtic sea-salt is.
3. Wheatgrass: the sprouted baby leaves of a wheat plant. The chlorophyll in wheat grass helps improve blood circulation through out your body which in turn helps lower your blood pressure. A fun fact: wheatgrass is gluten free.
4. Raw Cacao: This is chocolate in its purest form. Raw cacao comes from the seeds of the Theobroma tree. Chocolate can help lower your blood pressure by increasing blood flow. Fun fact: chocolate has more antioxidants than anything on the planet.
5. Turmeric: known as an Indian spice. The curcumin in turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties which helps lower your blood pressure. Fun fact: Ayurvedic medicine has used turmeric for holistic medicine for thousands of years.
6. Green Tea: this tasty tea helps your blood vessels relax, which in turn helps lower your blood pressure. Also green tea contains catechins which help you lose weight by burning belly fat. Fun fact: green tea may also help prevent hypertension.
7. Ginger: this spicy root may help lower your blood pressure by improving blood circulation. Fun fact: ginger is a delicious side with your sushi.
8. Spinach: is high in potassium which helps remove salt from our bodies. Spinach is also high in antioxidants and helps us build lean muscle. Fun fact: Popeye was a super hero.
9. Tomatoes: contain lycopene which may help lower your blood pressure. Tomatoes also may help lower cholesterol and keep your skin healthy. Fun fact: there are 10,000 varieties of tomatoes.
10. Wild Salmon: is a cold water fatty fish that contains lots of Omega 3 fatty acids. Omega 3’s may help lower your blood pressure by reducing inflammation. Fun fact: Salmon is delicious on the grill with lemon, butter and garlic.
** These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.