As a person ages 50 plus it is most important to eat a healthy diet. Only the smart ones will hop on the health train. The rest of you unfortunately might find yourself with unforseen health problems in the future.
When we are young and beautiful you can probably get away with eating unhealthy, not drinking enough water, high amounts of stress, lots of partying and not getting the 8 hours of sleep that you desperately need.
Let's take a look at what may help a 50 something year old person live a healthy and long life.
1. Drink half your body weight in water.
2. Keep your stress levels down.
3. Exercise and stretch daily.
4. Eat more often but smaller portions. Make sure your diet is filled with all natural colorful organic foods.
6. Eat this to keep your heart super healthy. Organic, cold pressed extra virgin olive oil, cherries, green tea, almonds, spinach and tomatoes.
7. Eat this to keep your lungs super healthy. Beets, apples, reishi mushroom (take as a supplement or drink as a tea), oysters, swiss chard, edamame and peppers.
8. Eat this to keep your liver super healthy. Grapes, cranberries, lemons, kale, artichokes and beans (such as black beans).
9. Eat this to keep your kidneys super healthy. Garlic, sweet potatoes, berries (such as strawberries), kale and spinach.
10. Eat this to keep your joints & bones super healthy. Mustard greens, purple cabbage, brussel sprouts, cold water fish such as (wild salmon or tuna), pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and bone broth.
11. Eat this to keep your eyes super healthy. Carrots, spinach, bilberries (European blueberries), sunflower seeds, romaine lettuce, kidney beans, brocolli and organic range free eggs.
12. Eat this to keep your stomach super healthy. Miso, healthy grains, ginger, peppermint, peas, kombucha, bananas and Greek yogurt.
13. Eat this to keep your ears super healthy (hearing health). Flaxseeds, cashews, legumes, avocados, mushrooms, watermelon, cantolope and oranges.