As a person ages 50 years, it is most important to eat a anti-inflammatory healthy diet. Only the smart ones will hop on the health train. The rest of you might find yourself with unforeseen health problems in the future.
When you are young and beautiful, you can probably get away with eating unhealthy, not drinking enough water, high amounts of stress, lots of partying and not getting the eight hours of sleep that you desperately need.
Let's look at what may help a fifty-something-year-old person live a healthy life.
1. Drink half your body weight in water.
2. Keep your stress levels down.
3. Exercise and stretch daily.
4. Eat more often but smaller portions. Make sure your diet contains all- natural colorful organic foods.
5. Eat the following foods to help support brain health: avocados, dark chocolate, fatty fish such as (wild salmon), berries such as blueberries or (bilberries, the European blueberry) broccoli and turmeric.
6. Eat this to help support heart health: organic, cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil, cherries, green tea, almonds, spinach and tomatoes.
7. Eat this to help support lung health: beets, apples, reishi mushroom (take as a dietary supplement or drink as a tea), oysters, swiss chard, edamame and peppers.
8. Eat this to help support liver health: grapes, cranberries, lemons, kale, artichokes, and beans (such as black beans).
9. Eat this to help support kidney health: garlic, sweet potatoes, berries (such as strawberries), kale and spinach.
10. Eat this to help support joints & bones: mustard greens, purple cabbage, Brussel sprouts, cold water fish such as (wild salmon or tuna), pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and bone broth.
11. Eat this to help support eye health: carrots, spinach, bilberries (European blueberries), sunflower seeds, romaine lettuce, kidney beans, broccoli and organic range-free eggs.
12. Eat this to help support gut health: miso, grains, ginger, peppermint, peas, kombucha, bananas and Greek yogurt.
13. Eat this to help support ear health: flaxseeds, cashews, legumes, avocados, mushrooms, watermelons, cantaloupes and oranges.